This lesson uses a simple storytelling technique (magic mirror) to give students speaking practice in a relaxed, non-threatening environment. Magic mirror can be used at any level, but works best where students have a sufficient level of English to narrate a story orally.
The idea behind Magic Mirror is to give students an opportunity to use the language they have to tell each other about something that is personally important to them.
- To provide speaking and listening practice
- To develop speaking fluency
- To develop students’ ability to tell stories
- To give practise in asking questions about the past
- To develop teachers’ awareness of how to use storytelling as a technique in the ESOL classroom
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only.