Level: ESOL Entry 3 / SQA ESOL Intermediate 1 in Scotland / A2 – B2 CEFR Framework
This resource has been produced in two different formats:
- a self-access resource for learners with online activities
- this teacher’s pack, including teachers’ notes and worksheets to download
Time: Approximately 2 hours. Timings are flexible and teachers can break down the units into smaller chunks of learning and build in revision as required.
- To establish the context for learning.
- To give learners the chance to listen to an authentic interaction with a customer.
- To help learners understand the basic rules for using articles and apply these in a retail context.
- To develop aural discrimination of pairs of numbers such as 14 and 40 in the context of prices.
- To introduce a range of ways of saying prices.
- To practise basic numeracy skills in a realistic context.
You will need:
- computers for each learner/pair of learners, with earphones or audio speakers.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only.